Study Guide for Botany Exam. Textbook is Stern’s Introductory Plant Biology 14th Edition
91 problems help for study guide please
1. Difference between leaf gap and a leaf trace?
2. A stem bundle and its associated leaf traces are called what?
3. What are vascular rays made of?
4. How do we define stem?
5. What is another name for opposite, or oppositely arranged?
6. How do we define stomata?
7. What do we call a leaf that lacks a petiole?
8. What appears within the interior of the protoderm?
9. What is the difference between a leaf and a leaflet (there are 2 differences)?
10. What do we call a climbing rose, or any plant that rests on other plants?
11. What is a tunica?
12. How do we define tracheid’s?
13. Where do we find bark?
14. What causes false annual rings?
15. What is the difference between sapwood and hardwood?
16. Would strawberries make good examples of a runner?
17. What does secondary tissue produce?
18. Where do we see the tiny bundle scars?
19. When the rings of the tree are wide, what does that tell us?
20. What do we call the arrangements of leaves on stems?
21. How do we define decussate?
22. Define eustele
23. Define protostele
24. What do we call a seed plant not enclosed in an ovary (fruit) ?
25. Rose have modified leaves that can be needle like, what do we call them?
26. What do we call the arc that lies between 2 nodes?
27. How do we describe a stipule?
28. How do we describe leaves that are alternate?
29. How do we know the plant is wood and not subaceous?
30. Can we identify a tree in the winter by its sstems and buds?
31. What do we call the small spots on a pear or apple?
32. What do we call the wood of woody dicot trees?
33. What is the difference between a bulb and a tuber?
34. What is the difference between a perennial plant and an annual plant?
35. What do we call a horizontally spreading stem that runs through the top of the soil and drops roots at the nodes?
36. How do we describe summerwood?
37. What type of hardwood is used for fine furniture and paneling?
38. What kind of wood do we use for home construction?
39. How do we describe tannins?
40. What is the simplest type of stele?
41. Small spine like rising from the bark or epidermis from a plant called?
42. There’s an intercalary meristem at the base of each internode, what does it contribute to?
43. List of plant, which has thickest cuticles. Hydrophytes, xerophytes, ect.
44. What causes different types of leaves?
45. What are leaves undivided into leaflets called?
46. Do hardwood and sap grow at the same rate?
47. What are the 2 parts of a leaf?
48. Where are the stomata found in a hydrophyte?
49. Define transpiration
50. What is the function of a trichome?
51. There’s an extra thickness to the epidermis that faces outwarded on a leaf, why, why is it thicker, the epidermis cells on the surface of the leaf are thicker at the top, why?
52. Define photosynthesis
53. Monocots and dicots, which is knitted and which is parallel?
54. There are 3 events that cause hormonal changes in plant cells in the spring, what are they?
55. How do we describe the rachis of a leaf?
56. What is the function of the cuticle?
57. When do plants dispose of waste, after respiration or during respiration.
58. What is the function of the major and minor veins?
59. When and where does guttation take place?
60. Variations in the structure of leaves are due to what?
61. In xerophytes, what 2 features serve to reduce water loss from leaves?
62. In maize’s and grasses, how distinctive are the spongy and palisade mesophyll layers?
63. How so we describe minor veins? Where the are and how they look?
64. When is there an increase in gas exchange in leaves?
65. Where do we find chlorenchyma cells in leaves?
66. In a normal leaf, where are the palisade and spongy mesophyll in the leaf found?
67. What are the outstanding structures in a leaf, in a transverse cut?
68. The epidermal cells accumulate waste in leaves, secretes it from glands from the surface, what are the structures involved in that structure?
69. As vascular tissue gets bigger, what does it change its function too? ( What do major veins do?)
70. Does fall coloration changes have isolated temperate zones or just deciduous trees exists?
71. Many plants given, which is succulent?
72. What is another word for the shedding of leaves?
73. What is a bundle sheath?
74. Where is a vascular bundle?
75. Why do leaves roll or fold?
76. Is the breakdown of chlorophyll directly related to the length of daylight?
77. Where do leaves attach the stems?
78. What is the function of xylem?
79. What is the function of collenchyma and sclerenchyma in large leaves? They usually run beneath epidermis of dicots.
80. Besides mechanical support, leaf panels conduct nutrients from the xylem to the epidermis, is this true or false?
81. What do we call the leaves of cactus?
82. What are thorns?
83. What is special about the cobra plant?
84. Do all leaves originate as primordial material in the buds?
85. What do we call a plant leaf that kind looks like an ice cream cone where only the ends are exposed only at the surface of the soil?
86. What are the petals of a poinsettia, specialized leaves at the base of the flower?
87. Modification from the outgrowth of the epidermis or cortex? Thing that roses have
88. List of plants, what plant is not an insect eating plant?
89. List of insect eating plants, location of where to find that unique plant to.
90. When you have a great big insect eating pitcher plant, do they get big enough to eat small mammals?
91. Compass plants they orientate their blades of their leaves parallel to the sun, so the leaves actually extend north and south, is this true?
Know the uses of woods
Describe 2 specialized leaves well. Decent explanation
Human ecological Relevance of leaves on page 121, matching of 11 words from this reading, type of plants and what it does.
Shape of the leaf, not the type of plant 7.4
Why Hire a Professional Essay Writer from MyHomeworkGeeks
Quality Urgent Essays
Domyhomeworkk online platform provides the best essay writing service ever received elsewhere, thanks to our professional essay writers. Experience gained in the 10+ years of being in the assignment writing industry is also an added advantage.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
A lot is done to maintain us as the best essay writing service provider. Besides owning a degree from a recognized university, a writer must pass the rigorous tests we take them through before they are considered eligible to offer urgent essay help on our website.
Affordable Urgent Assignment Help
Who said a reliable website should not be cheap also? While it is human nature to associate prices with quality, that does not always work. At domyhomeworkk.com, we guarantee you cheap and urgent essay help without compromising the quality.
24/7 Available Urgent Essay Writing Service
Whether it is a ‘write my essay for me cheap’ or ‘edit my essay’ order you want to request, always feel free to reach us at any time of the day. Our experts work in shifts to ensure that you access urgent essay writing services at any time of the day.
Plagiarism Free Essays Online
The punitive measures that come with plagiarized content are so harsh, and we understand that. We consequently ensure to write each client’s papers from scratch no matter how urgent the essay is. To acknowledge borrowed content, our quick writer references and cites the work.
Wow Customer Support 24/7
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
So much stress and so little time? Take care of yourself: let us help you with your tasks. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.