Biography Informative Speech
As we all know, grandmas are known for making delicious food. I discovered a long time ago that have a big problem breaking eggs; so I was very excited when I discovered the gaggles recipe for Cocoa Kiss Cookies. I was given the recipe for these cookies by my mom, Rena Williams. My mom got the recipe from her mother; Lucy Long, who got the recipe from the chocolate factory in Hershey, PA. If you ever are In a situation where you need to Impress your grandma then, cook her a chocolate cookie with a kiss In the center. Ill.
Cookies are easier to make than you think so I’m going to show you the three steps in making cocoa kiss cookies: the ingredients, the mixing process, and baking.
First: Ingredients needed
The wet mixture
You will need 1 cup melted butter. 2. 2/2 cup sugar combined with melted butter. teaspoon vanilla extract to form wet mixture.
- The dry mixture
- You will need 1 and % cups all purpose flour.
- To finalize dry mixture you need 1/4 cup cocoa.
Re-last the Ingredients: 1. 1 cup melted butter
- 2/2 cup sugar
- TTS. Vanilla extract
- /2 cup all-purpose flour
H cup cocoa
Hershey Kisses to put In center later
Secondly: Mixing ingredients
First the contents of the wet mixture (the butter, sugar and vanilla) are mixed within a larger bowl until all the ingredients are well blended. A good tip from my grandma, Lucy, is to never pour the vanilla over the mixing bowl in case the vanilla spills. This way if a spill occurs, the dough Is not ruined.
The dry mixture
The Ingredients of the dry mixture (flour and cocoa) are mixed together In a smaller bowl until evenly distributed.
Mixing the flour and cocoa evenly will only take a few stirs with a spoon. 2. After mixing the dry ingredients together, pour them into the wet mixture and start stirring.
A hint from Hershey. Com says, “Do not over-mix the dough because it may cause the cookies to spread too much. ” To help check your mixing, the dough should be place in the refrigerator to chill for an hour, or until firm enough to handle.
- Forming the dough
- To form the dough into balls, scoop out a spoonful of dough and place in the palm f your hand.
- Take one Hershey kiss and place in the center of the dough ball.
Use both hands to form the dough around the Hershey kiss.
Baking the dough
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the dough balls onto an engrossed cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until they are set.
- Cool the cookies completely after baking before removing them from cookie sheet.
So, to summarize lets go over the three parts: First, we have the butter, sugar, and vanilla which make up the wet mixture. The lour and cocoa make up the dry mixture.
Second, we blend the wet and dry mixtures together until we have playgroup like dough. Lastly, after rolling the dough and Hershey Kisses together, they are baked in the oven for about 10 minutes. So if you ever are in a situation where you need to impress your grandma, cook her a chocolate cookie with a kiss in the center.
- “Baking Hints. ” Heresy’s website. Hershey, PA. 2014. Http://www. Heartsickness. Com Long, Lucy. Personal Interview. Septet. 2014. Williams, Rena. Personal Interview. Septet. 2014.